Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Suck a Little Less

Good news: I'm NOT going to the baseball game this weekend after all!

However, it had less to do with me standing up for what I want and more to do with the tickets being really expensive and my MIL deciding not to go after all. Yay me!

In other news, while I am not participating in Belle's seven day detox like many other bloggers out there, I am doing very well in my own "two-week cleanse" which involves a total elimination of alcohol and caffeine. I'm on day four and zero sips of alcohol or caffeine. Woot!  However, the cleanse did nothing to stop me from mindlessly devouring two handfuls of m&ms while blog reading today. Must. Stop. Doing that.

ALSO, and this really is good news: I just booked a trip to Mexico with two of my best girlfriends for September! I would love to go with Hubs but he doesn't have the vacation time to do any more trips this year. I have a TON saved up, even after my trip to Florida last month. And I am going to need something to get me through the hell that is August and September at work (busiest time of the year for me). So we're headed to an all-inclusive resort for six days and we got a great deal that included flight, transportation to the hotel and the resort itself! 

My only baby-making news is that I heard back from the billing office at my RE's (remember the coding mess?). They said they weren't going to change any of the codes to my diagnosis for those bills because they were trying to induce ovulation. Wouldn't it be nice if you only had to pay for those kinds of things if they worked? Because it certainly did not work for me. So they are re-issuing the bills and I will just have to pay them. Bummer.

9 comments:

  1. Bummer indeed on the billing! Bastards! it makes me so mad how costly all.this if is. It's an illness for God's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major suckage on the billing! But yay for the trip to Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, your trip to Mexico sounds delightful! I am super impressed at your giving up alcohol and caffeine. I am doing just fine without alcohol but the thought of life without my a.m. coffee is too much. Small steps, right? Maybe after your two weeks sans these things it will be easier to say adios to the M&Ms?

    In a potentially unfortunate twist of fate, Mr. Husband announced the other night that he wants to start going to baseball games. My stomach lurched - I'm not a fan of stadium sports. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say it, but the alcohol is tougher than the caffeine. I already went through the weaning myself off caffeine last year. It took five weeks! Since then I've made it a point to never drink caffeine for too many days in a row so I wouldn't get addicted to it again.

      Alcohol isn't tough physically at all like caffeine would be if I hadn't already weaned, but I associate social gatherings with a beer or two... so it's more just weird declining a drink.

      About the baseball - oh no! Haha, nice timing though. I'm fully willing to commiserate if you get dragged along to a few games! :)

      Delete
  4. My insurance tried to make me pay for my HSG saying it was a fertility treatment not a diagnostic test (which they do pay for) I finally beat them after 6 months of fighting. Probably should have saved myself the time and paid the 700 bucks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $700!?!? Wow. I think you did the right thing by fighting it. Sometimes I think those insurance companies will just deny a lot of stuff on the first round, hoping people are pissed or feisty enough to fight back.

      Delete
    2. Thats true, I worked a lot with insurance companies at my last job, life insurance too. They tried to get the doctors office buried under paperwork and frustrated by jumping through hoops so they would give up and the company could deny the claim. There is a special circle of hell for insurance companies.

      Delete
  5. Oooooo have fun in Mexico!! And that totally sucks about the bills - as if infertility doesn't suck enough

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like at the end of a failed cycle, you should at least get an Ipad or something as a consolation prize. I mean wehn you think about the money spent... really, I deserve an Ipad... and something like an Ipad might make me forget that they took all my money and all I got was a picture of a not so right embryo.

    Sooooooooooooooo jealous of your trip to Mexico!

    ReplyDelete