I've actually been back for several days now, but have been on a vacation high and haven't wanted to jump back into my infertility reality.
Mexico. was. awesome. Rather than go into excruciating detail about how awesome, I will include some bulleted highlights for you to read through quickly:
- Hanging with my two best gals. Ladies, if you want to forget that infertility exists, take a girls trip to Mexico. Trust me on this one. It helps that my two girls are both single and babies are the furthest thing from their mind.
- Taking one day off the resort to: drive ATVs to a nature preserve where we pet monkeys and explored an underground cave (complete with a cave lake and BATS!), then drive ATVs to a zipline in the middle of the jungle, where we ziplined into a 12 foot natural pool, then drive ATVs back to the ocean to snorkel, where we saw at least a dozen sea turtles and three or four sting rays.
- Participating in all the planned entertainment. From beach volleyball to cha-cha lessons, to water aerobics to Guacomole lessons to Staff vs. Guests Beer Drinking Contest to Spanish class to everything in between, the tres amigas were up for it!
- Taking advantage of the free services at the resort - like renting kayaks, going out on the catamaran, renting bikes to go to the marina to see a baby dolphin, and taking my first ever spin class (omg.)
- Drinking and eating. All free. For example, a Tequila taste test event:
The worst part:
- Knowing we couldn't stay there forever. Seriously. So fun.
But we came home. Then Champ surprised me with a Mystery Trip the day after I returned to celebrate our three year anniversary! We went to a state park in Ohio and stayed in a fantastic lodge. And we geo-cached for the first time. We sucked at it.
Then, capping off the most adventurous week of my life to date, I WENT SKYDIVING ON MONDAY! There is nothing much like plunging out of an airplane at 9,000 feet and falling at 170 ft per second. Champ and I loved it.
Take THAT, infertility. Bam.