I can't explain my lack of posting in the past, oh, 10 weeks, except to say that it's been a really busy 10 weeks. Work has had me teetering on the brink of insanity - it's just a really crazy time of year. Lots of nights and weekends recently. Lots of long days.
I know, excuses, excuses!
So how about a little update? In bullet form, for browsing purposes:
- Pregnancy Update: For the most part, feeling pretty good. Uncomfortable, yes. Strange pubic bone pain, yes. Exhausted easily, yes. Hemorrhoids, yes. But I am really trying to cherish these last few weeks of pregnancy. I think I'll actually miss it (some of it).
- Bump: I'm continually told that I look "small" by basically everyone, ever, except my doctor. Doc says I am measuring spot on for my due date and I guess that's what matters.
- Shield your eyes! Here's me at 35 weeks:
- Baby Showers: Three baby showers down, zero to go. It is wholly humbling and amazing to see the outpouring of love and support for me, Champ, and Baby Girl. The showers were incredible - one thrown by Champ's sis & mom, one by my sis, aunt & mom, and one by my students / friends at work. Baby Girl is basically set.
- Nursery: is adorable. I'll post pics when it's finished (getting close!), but
weI went with a super light, airy blue for a base (rug & walls), with a touch of yellow and green and coral as a main accent color. There's also a very loose "Hot Air Balloon" theme that I mostly copied from pinterest.
- Birthing Classes: Complete. I think I am an appropriate blend of excited and terrified.
- Name: Has been determined. Haven't decided if I'll reveal on the blog or not. But we're in love.
- Baby Girl: We went to a fancy ultrasound (which I sooooo wasn't going to do but have been having nightmares that Baby Girl turned out to be Baby Boy and had to wear all pink stuff and I also have an unnatural fear of the umbilical cord. I wanted to make sure that sucker was out-the-way.) Anyway, Baby Girl (yes, still girl) is a yoga master or something. Her foot was on her face almost the whole time. I think she tried to suck on her toe at one point. Weirdo! But seriously, she's perfect.
- Maternity Leave: It all depends on when little miss bum ovaries decides to arrive. If she arrives on June 21 (due date), I'll take 10 weeks off full time and come back part time for four weeks before being back full time. Basically, I need to be back in the office on August 26, as that's when my replacement is out of there.
I can't think of anything else major and I'm meeting coworker for lunch so I gotta run. I'll be better about posting. Promise!